Ironhack UX Case Study IV
Event Microsite: Winter Wonderland
Brief: Applying the design thinking process to the redesign of a local e-commerce’s website
Timeline: 5 days
Role: UX Designer
Teammate: Kevin Diaz & Joanna Rosson
01. Discover: Insight into the problem
I started looking up statistics on how __ . I managed to dig up a few interesting facts..
With this in mind, I needed to conduct some business analysis using the Lean UX Canvas to make sure I’m establishing a user-centric design process. This helps to define the business, the user, and their desired outcomes.
As a UX designer, I need to make sure I find that sweet spot between the user’s needs, and the business goals.
Desired business outcomes
User & Customers
Market Positioning Analysis: Competitor, Current, Future: Pinpoint the value innovation
Collecting data to understand the Whats, Whys, and Hows
Survey: Respondents — Quantitative Data
Interviews: Qualitative Data
02. Define: Scope down the focus
Affinity Map: Synthesize /Organize Discoveries, Insights, User reactions
Value Proposition: Customer Segment
Reframing the Problems
Problems & Opportunities
03. Develop: Potential Solutions
Minimum Viable Product
Jobs to be Done
04. Deliver: Solutions that work & Receive feedback
Visual Competitive Analysis
Success & Failure Metrics
- UX Solutions: that sweet spot that works in the best interest of both the business and user goals in a technically feasible way.
- Test high-fidelity prototype
- Figure out the logistics of the business and rewards program implementation
Key Takeaways & Learnings
- logistics of the business and rewards program implementation